Who can use Exa.io?
- Any 3D artist who is limited in resources and wants to meet his projects’ deadlines.
- Anyone who wants to become more productive and work on multiple projects at the same time.
Which 3D modeling applications are supported by Exa.io?
- Through our website we support only Blender for now.
We can do it manually for the other applications that are not fully
automated yet, like 3DMax, Cinema 4D, Rhino 3D, Maya, XSI, Lightwave 3D
Do I have to install anything on my machine in order to use your service?
- No, All it requires is a web browser like
Chrome, Firefox or Safari. You do not need any plugins nor clients to
use Exa. In case you are using Cycles or LuxRender, you’ll need to
After file is uploaded how will it be rendered?
- After you upload your project, you can set
render parameters, number of processor cores you need, priority of your
render, in addition to other settings, and then you can submit your
project for rendering.
Do you support video output for animation?
- Yes; and it’s available in the advanced parameters page prior to submitting the render job.
- Video’s are encoded as lossless H.264 .mp4, with maximum compression
Why can’t I see an output of my project?
- The system will display the output as soon as it is rendered.
What web browser is supported by Exa.io?
- Exa Supports Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Apple Safari, and Microsoft Internet Explorer 8+.
Do you do 3D projects?
- We specialize in rendering; however feel free to contact us in this regards.
Do you sell Hardware?
- No, why would you need the hardware
anyways? We will save you the cost of buying it, running it and
maintaining it whilst providing you all the performance you want at the
fraction of the cost.
Do you do in-house rendering?
- Yes; feel free to contact us.
Where do I contact support?
- You can use the contact details and/or the contact form in the bottom of each page.
Can I upload several projects at once?
I cannot use the uploader in my ipad?
- Because Apple’s iOS does not support that. (IOS does not expose the file system).
How big is your cluster?
The question is, how big is your project?
- Our supercomputer is built upon an elastic cloud (read:unlimited machines), accelerated by Graphics Processing Units (GPU).
- We only use the fastest machines:
Dual Intel Xeon E5 CPU’s, 60+ GB’s of Ram, Two nVidia Tesla M2050 GPU’s
per supercomputing machine, high speed 10-Gbit networks flowing your
frames between the machines, next generation high speed parallel file
systems...etc. At Exa, we never compromise performance
What is a GPU?
- Graphics Processing Unit, or simply the
“video card” is a specialized component of a computer that works as a
co-processor aiding the CPU for Heavy Visual tasks (like rendering).
How fast is your render farm?
- GPU’s are fast, very fast. In our internal
benchmarks, GPU’s accelerated rendering performance at an average of
~112.7x faster than a typical CPU workstation, making it faster than
ANY renderfarm on the planet.
- Our belief is that maximum performance, results in minimum time, hence least cost.
Do you have any hardware limitations on the number of processors I can hire for my project?
- Absolutely not! Exa revolutionized the way
render farms allocates its resources to our customers with our
proprietary Arbitray-Scaling Technology, Exa allows you to fire up
4,8,32,1024,65536 or more (with or without GPU Acceleration).... its
Can I Interrupt a running project?
- Yes, you can stop a running project anytime from the project’s page.
How long would my render take?
- It depends on the complexity of your scene
as well as the parameters set on Exa such as the type of renderer (GPU
accelerated or not) the number of cores and priority.
To minimize rendering time We recommend you do the following:
- Opt for a GPU accelerated renderer; massive acceleration is enabled by GPU’s.
- Hire more cores; simply 16 cores will do in 1
hour what 4 core will do in 4 hours. and it will cost the same.
- Select the highest priority.
Costs & Payments
When do I get an invoice of my payment?
- You will get a receipt immediately after
you complete your payment. Your receipt would be in text form for fast
open and read especially when on mobile.
Why pricing in Ghz/Cent?
- A misleading cost system used by many
render farms online. A Ghz is not a metric of performance. Technical
details (architectural differences) have more impact on the rendering
performance than just the frequency of a processor (a 3Ghz Intel Pentium
III and a 3Ghz Intel Core i7 do not provide the same performance!)
- We at Exa believe that GFLOPS (Giga-billion
floating point Operations Per Second) is the real metric for
Why don’t you charge by the hour?
- Exa will charge you at the scale of Milliseconds (a thousand of a second).
- We want to deliver high quality at a
reasonable price; we believe there is no reason for our customers to pay
for minutes they do not use; for that we do not charge per hour.
How much would rendering cost me?
- We will provide you with a best guess;
since 3D scenes vary in complexity we can only provide a rough
estimation using our calculator.
I want a special custom pricing package, can I do that?
- Yes, you can use the flexible pack.
What would happen if my account is out of balance and my render is not done yet?
- Your job will be stopped at the current frame being rendered. However, you will be able to download the completed frames.
Security and Privacy
What kind of data security do you have?
- The service is equipped with Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and military grade data encryption (AES).
Are my projects private to me?
- Absolutely, your content is your own. Exa
does not share clients' projects with any third party. Exa also does not
publish clients rendered projected in the website or anywhere unless
requested by the client.